- To define and demonstrate “child centered” and “child friendly” primary school learning as expressed in Cambodian government policy.
- To teach the practicum/seminar course at the Kandal Teacher Training College focusing on interactive, child-friendly teaching strategies as outlined in the IB Guidebook and MOEYS Curriculum Documents;
- To review and revise the Teacher Training College curriculum documents if requested;
- Offer ongoing teacher training workshops and demonstration lessons in specific subject areas as required;
- To identify and train Cambodian educators to assume leadership roles in teacher training;
- Maintain and develop partnerships between partner schools and the Project Schools.
Our Current Priorities
- Build the capacity of model teachers and student teachers on how to produce low cost teaching materials.
- Organize practicum and seminar course to student teachers, based on child-friendly and pedagogical manual.
- Conduct workshops with student teachers on effectiveness of classroom management followed by 5 topics: Differentiation, Flexible grouping, Positive discipline, Times and Spaces management.
- Improve physical infrastructure and school facilities.